Samsung Mobile Accidental
Samsung has a series of products and this everyday successful company is launching its handheld devices with the passage of every day. Korean Gaint gives official Samsung Mobile Accidental warranties for each product and here we are going to talk about Samsung smartphones.
Samsung is providing mobile accidental/damage warranty from the last few years but from January 2017, there have been some changes by the new insurance company IGI (Intentional General Insurance) who is providing insurance for Samsung handsets.
Before this policy, every user of Samsung smartphone having an accidental insurance card can avail his/her claim free of cost (Only in the case of touch panel damage) after proper submission of documents. Insurance company verifies the case by contacting with customers that how their phone was damaged and then verifies whether this case is legal or not. But if the handset is total damaged (Touch panel and PBA both damaged or PBA damaged), then they have to pay depreciation charges according to warranty start
But if the handset is total damaged (Touch panel and PBA both damaged or PBA damaged), then they have to pay depreciation charges according to warranty start update to get a replacement of new handset and old damaged device goes in the custody of insurance. Now there are few changes in Samsung Mobile Accidental Insurance Policy by a new insurance company which is providing accidental coverage for Samsung Mobiles.
From January 2017 IGI Insurance have started Depreciation charges on every claim according to below-mentioned policies:
- All the approved handset for repair(only touch panel damage) or total loss(handset not able to repair) must pay the depreciation amount according to warranty start date.
- If the handset is damaged during 0-3 months of warranty start date then you have to pay 10% charges of the total cost of repaired part.
- 30% charges for 4-6 months
- 50% for 7-9 months
- 70% for 10-12 months
- Minimum of 10% depreciation will be charged to the customer if the claim will be lodged before warranty starts up date.
- For Total loss cases (Device totally damaged) depreciation charges remain same (10% per month) ( 60% MAX) and the customer will receive the new device as a replacement.
So from now everyone whoever going to buy the smartphone of Samsung. Make sure he/she knows about this new Insurance Policy by Samsung. If you are Samsung user, Now there is more need to take care of your smartphone. Because if once your smartphone got damaged, you have to pay to the company even little.
If you are buying a new smartphone of Samsung, do not forget to take care of your insurance card.